GENERAL PHYSICS I (PHY 1030)
Prince George's Community College
- Homework #9 is due on Wednesday, December 6, at 6:00 pm.
- The comprehensive Final Exam will be on Monday, December 11 at 6:00 - 8:20 pm. The exam will be comprehensive.
The formula pages for the exam may be found here.
Don't forget to memorize
the Greek alphabet
and SI prefixes.
Calculators are permitted during the exam, but no cell phones.
- The 2017 Nobel prize for physics
has been awarded to physicists Rainer Weiss, Barry C. Barish, and Kip Thorne
“for decisive contributions to the LIGO [Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory] detector and the observation of gravitational waves.”
- The NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Pathways Internship Employment Program is currently accepting applicants.
- The Mickey Leland Energy Fellowship (MLEF) Program provides college students with an opportunity to gain and develop research skills with the Department of Energy's Office of Fossil Energy for 10 weeks over the summer.
Applications are now being accepted; see here for details.
- The University of Maryland, College Park will be holding two “Physics is Phun” physics demonstrations for the public this semester:
Lectures begin at 7:00pm in the John S Toll Physics Building, Room 1412. The Physics Building is just to the right of the big “M”
circle as you enter the campus from US Rte. 1. Be sure to come early, as these public lectures are very popular, and the auditorium fills up quickly. Also,
they will have students doing some smaller physics demonstrations at the front of the auditorium before the main lecture. Free parking
is available in the parking garage across from the Physics Building.
- October 20-21: The World in Motion (Newton's laws, motion, and energy)
- December 1-2: Modern Physics
Dr. David G. Simpson:
Webmaster: Dr. David G. Simpson
Page last updated: November 27, 2017.